The Clayton Police Department at this present time is accepting applications for SLEO II.
The Clayton Police Department will be accepting applications and resumes for a Class-II Special Police Officer from the time of this posting until November 10th, 2016, 4:00 PM. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have a valid PTC certification from the New Jersey Police Training Commission and under no other contractual obligation to another police department.
- Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of New Jersey.
- Be able to read and write the English language.
- Not have been convicted of any violations of laws of the State of New Jersey or the United States, except minor traffic offenses, nor shall have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude.
- Have a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Submit to a complete background investigation.
- Submit to and successfully pass physical and psychological testing.
- Submit to and successfully pass drug screening.
The position will also be subject to other duties and responsibility as set forth in the job description / Clayton Police Policy on file with the Clayton Borough Clerk. Applications and resumes must be delivered in person to the Clayton Borough Clerk between 8 am and 4 pm.